Monday, January 27, 2014

Joining the Gym

January is almost over and I am happy to say that I am still holding to my goal of drinking at least 28 ounces of water every day at work. That is about 28 ounces more than I was drinking and is about three cans of soft drinks less. Oddly, one thing I have found is the more water I drink and the less soda, the more my body craves the water. I've found myself going for the bottled water at home even more than for the coke, which is awesome.

I'd hoped to start slow, not cutting out any food or adding any exercise, just adding water. Unfortunately, as I mentioned before the doctor's visit messed that up and put me into high gear for weight loss and dieting. My diet isn't anything special. Right now it is simply cutting back on my portion sizes and not allowing myself to go back for seconds. I am also trying to limit myself to one or two sweets each week.

Tonight, I joined the gym that my sister joined last week. Hopefully paying the membership fee, joining fee and monthly cost, along with having someone to go with will be encouragement to work out, even on those frigid days when getting outside isn't on my agenda. I don't usually stay out late on work nights but will now be going to North Little Rock at least three nights per week, maybe more. This evening I arrived shortly after 5:30 p.m.and didn't leave until about 7:30 p.m. By the time I got home it was almost 8:3 p.m.

I do believe it is time to start eating sandwiches for dinner and eating leftovers for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)