Sunday, June 10, 2012

Aye Aye Captain

For at least for years I wanted to get into a boaters education class. Arkansas law requires anyone born on or after January 1, 1986 to take the course to legally operate a motorboat or personal watercraft within the state. I have been limited to kayaks and canoes. Of course I love to kayak but there is only so much that allows one to do.

Yesterday I finally made it through a one-day boaters education class at the University of Central Arkansas. It was one of many courses offered this month in the state. It was a little odd considering in the past its been hard to find any courses. It was one of the only ones I found that was within driving distance that was a one-day instead of two-night course. And I passed. So finally, I will be able to take a boat fishing or island camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)