Monday, February 2, 2015

Prompt: What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day?

To answer the question, "What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day," I must first determine what kind of lazy day it is. At first thought, it is just a day when its cold, cloudy and rainy outside and I am stuck indoors. That is the easy answer to the question. Those days are usually spent on the couch in front of the television. If I am lucky, it is spent on the couch, in front of the television with family.

But then there is the other side. Sometimes there are days I just don't feel like doing anything. A few years ago, I was living in Washington D.C. for two months. I had planned to get up and go hiking from Georgetown up to Maryland, but the weather was just the opposite of what I previously described -- it was sunny and more than 100 degrees. That morning, I decided to roll over and go back to sleep. 11 a.m...2 p.m....4 p.m...6 p.m... I ended up sleeping the entire day away. Now, if that isn't a lazy day, I don't know what is!

But my absolute favorite way to spend a lazy day is out camping. Usually I am always on the go -- fishing, hiking, geocaching or something. But there are those few moments in there when I get to "be lazy" and just sit around camp and relax in nature. That has to be my favorite way to spend a lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)