Thursday, March 4, 2010

Campus Ministries

Tonight I went to the BCM. Every Thursday night we have TNT (Thursday Nights Together) from 6:15 until 7:30. Tonight we had special guests. The United Gospel Choir came and worshiped with us and also performed.

It was an amazing night of worship. The band played, the choir sang and Arliss delivered another message in the series. Tonight's was Pivotal Circumstances. The brief part of the definition I copied down of what those are is as follows: Time or circumstances that directs who you are. They can be good or bad circumstances.

It was a little ironic actually that this was the sermon. This past week God has been using some issues to teach me a lesson. I received two emails from people I know fairly well and I basically felt like I was being stabbed in the back. It angered me. The first one came on Sunday. I prayed for help in forgiveness. And the next day I was calm and over it. God was telling me something, I knew it. I concluded it was this: Each time I sin, it is like I am stabbing HIM in the back. Yet every time, he forgives me. Not only that, but there are more than 5 billion people in the world that he has to feel that from.

I guess my situation isn't so bad after all. Of course I went through it again on Tuesday morning. I ended up skipping another bible study then just so I could have alone time with God. It was more important for me to settle things alone with God.

The passage was James 1:2-4 which has been a recurring theme lately. Consider it pure joy in trials and temptations. It produces endurance and perseverance. God does use the bad times to teach us. It isn't a sin to be tempted, it is a sin to follow through with the temptations.

But enough about me. I would encourage you to get involved with a campus ministry. Almost all of them meet on Thursday nights. There are many to choose from: Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Church of Christ, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)