Sunday, August 29, 2010

Study Break

I have never studied so much in my life! I am one of those people who just skim their notes the day before a test and I generally do alright. That won't be happening this semetser. I am taking 15 hours of Spanish and no studying equals no passing.

This morning one of my classmates went to church with us and the pastor asked her if I was a good student. She responded, "yes," to which I responded, "maybe this semester." I have spent almost every single one of the last seven days in the library. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and today in the library. Generally it is from 7pm to 12 or 1am. Saturday it was from 12pm to 6pm. Then it was time for a nice study break.

One of our favorite things to do is meet new people by playing sports. We frequently do spur-of-the-moment sports events such as Ultimate Frisbee or Soccer. We play at the student union where a lot of students walk by and then invite random strangers to play with us. It is a great way to meet new people and make new friends. It is also just a lot of fun.

Last night we played Ultimate. It was probably the best game we have ever played in the past few years. The teams were evenly matched. When one team scored the other team scored. With the new grass, fewer injuries were sustained. It is important to call plays beforehand though otherwise we will get hurt. I found that out the hard way when two of us collided while going for the frisbee. I slid and slammed into her knee. We both went tumbling.

It is always a good team building opportunity. The teams are never the same and we must learn to work together, especially with those who we do not know. We have to learn each others strengths and weaknesses. We encourage each other. None of us can do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)