Thursday, November 17, 2011

Remembering Dreams

Usually if I remember having a dream I will eventually be able to remember at least part of the dream. However, I rarely remember dreaming at all. But is it just me or does it seem like the strangest dreams or the bad dreams are the ones that seem to stick the most?

I didn't sleep well last night. I had a hard time falling asleep because of a stopped-up nose. I woke up a time or two in the same situation, with difficulty breathing. And to top it off I had two dreams which I think were actually connected. They were both strange and bad, I guess.

These dreams mixed McGyver with Narnia, Lord of the Rings and some of my past. When I was seven to ten years old, my family and I frequented an area on the White River in Arkansas called Pepper's Eddy. This is where much of the dream occured. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I did something that had the White Witch from Narnia so upset she would stop at nothing to see me dead. She ordered medieval knights (as if from Lord of the Rings) to chase me down.

I had a sword and fought one or two off, but my fencing skills are level 0. So I ran. I threw chairs and tables in the way of the knights. (Why were there tables and chairs outside, I don't know.) I ran until I reached the river. Then came the part of MacGyver... There was a dock here and because I was trapped, I needed a boat. I walked  in to the water and left only my head above. I navigated to one of the furthest stalls. The knights followed except they stayed on the dock. When I saw I couldn't make it, I decided just to swim away. The knights took a boat, plucked me out of the water and carried me to the witch.

The witch and soldiers brought me back down to the river. Mode of death: drowning. "Any last requests," she asked me and I began stalling for as much time as possible thinking someone will come to my rescue. Someone always does. But that help never came; at least not on time. The witch held me under water. I pretended to drown. Then she drug me onto the shore to check and see. As she leaned down to check my pulse I jumped up and ran, grabbing a sword from one of the knights on my way. Once again they pursued in a chase, making the witch even more angry. Once again, after a few clashes of swords and broken chairs, the knights captured me and carried me back to the water where the witch waited.

This time she tied a heavy brick to each of my feet so that I would sink. She walked into the water and to a point I could no longer touch and let me go. Heres the real MacGyver part... Some how, someone had hidden a scuba tank under the water. I used it and was able to breathe. I walked under the water, carrying the bricks with me, until I was in the middle of the river, and then the current carried me. Once I felt I had gone far enough down stream, I began walking to the opposite shore. I came up out of the water and fell down on the sandbar in the sunlight. I managed to break the chains holding the bricks to me. And then I had to figure out how to get off the sandbar which was in the middle of nowhere. But I think I survived at least!

I think I have a basis for another short story. I just don't know how I would make it make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)