Monday, January 11, 2010

Spring 2010 Semester Begins

Beep, beep, beep. Beep, beep beep. The alarm clock is ringing out again for students at Arkansas State University. It is the sound of the first day of classes. Many students are taking early morning classes while others are choosing mid-morning, afternoon, or night classes.

I've noticed already this semester, dragging myself out of bed is seeming to be a little bit harder. Its just so hard to pull the warm covers off and step out of the bed onto a cold floor in a cold dorm room.

Then there is the going to class. It is about a mile from the dorm to my college, the College of Communications. It is even colder outside. A hoodie, and a heavy jacket, a hat and gloves kept me warm today. I guess that is better than going hiking on Friday morning and wearing a scarf tied around my face.

One friend told me last night that she and several other people were all out on the iced over pond behind North Park Quads and the ice didn't even start to crack. Lets just hope the weather is cold, but no more ice storms like last year.

Hope everyone has a good semester and manages to stay warm during the next month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)