Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day

ASU canceled class last night before the weather even hit. About 7 am this morning I looked out the window and it still looked like it was just water on the ground. Then 10:30 and I look out the window and the ground is white-- SNOW DAY!

They generally come at least once each year around Jonesboro. It is something I've come to expect. Like it or not, it is going to snow and school will be closed.

I will take the day out of classes as a chance to update this blog. Well not only that. There are the countless other activities the snow brings.

Unfortunately it is a dry snow. That means the snowmen and snowballs probably aren't happening. But, we are going to try to go sledding later. That should be interesting. And I tried wind sliding earlier. It didn't work as well as I thought it would. I took a large umbrella and opened it. The wind is gusting up to 30 miles per hour so I think, "If I allow the wind to blow into the top of the umbrella while I stand on the ice it should push me."

Didn't work. Oh well it was worth a try. Now that I have completed my major assignment that was due tonight for work It is time to play. I am sitting watching the snow out my window. It is coming down fast and maybe it will keep on coming down fast and hard.

There is the possibility of 10 inches before tomorrow!

For those who have to get out in it remember to drive safely. Slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)