Wednesday, May 5, 2010

3/4 bitter 1/4 sweet

It is such a bittersweet time of the year. It is awesome to feel the accomplishment of another semester behind. But what sucks is the semester is at an end. Everyone is packing and heading home. I go home tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I love my family. But I hate leaving my other family.

I've never been good at it. When I would go to youth events such as lock-ins, or even overnight school trips where you spend a lot of time with a group of people, it is never easy when it is over. I hate it. Even more so, I can't help but think about how I only have two semesters left before I graduate my first time. Then I come back but only for another semester probably. It hurts.

At college, it seems I spend almost every waking moment with friends. We eat together. We study together. We spend free time together. We go to Wal mart together. Practically everything, we do together. Sometimes we even take classes together. So much time spent together and then we have to go home for the summer.

I know that we will all (or most of us) be back next semester. To those whose friendships, leaderships, etc. will live on next year, but in new locations I thank you for it all. I thank you for your willingness. I wish you the best of luck in new jobs and/or in retirement.

For me, as much as it can hurt it paints a picture. God sent Jesus to the earth for us. They were physically seperated for a while then he died on the cross for our sins. Three days later he rose again. He conquered death and would later go back to be with the Father. I know that eventually we will be seperated, but I pray for all of my friends, that they would know Christ and that one day, even if we are not reunited on earth, we will be reunited in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)