Monday, May 9, 2011

Freshman Year 2007

Four years ago I left high school and dreaded my first year in college. It is funny how things changed. My freshman year I would go home at least once or twice each month. By sophomore year I would go home every other month, until eventually I didn't even go home long on holidays my senior year.

I have so many great memories from all four years in college. Here are some of them from my freshman year.

One of the most memorable is the fire alarms. We had a record-breaking semester with more than 40 fire alarms. Most of them were around 3 in the morning. We had one real fire. Another time the building flooded. During one alarm we went to Waffle House and I asked an employee if our fire alarms helped their business to which she responded, "You're going to pull our fire alarm?"

In another experience, my friends and I were sitting in the cafeteria having breakfast on a weekend morning. It was a day after a shooting on campus. Derrick gets a phone call saying "Go outside the cafeteria and accept a package from the man in red and no one gets shot." After several calls they called the number back to see who it was. Later the police came in and we filed a report. The police answered the next time they called, "If you know whats good for you, you will quit calling," the caller said. UPD responded, "This is the police" and the caller hung up. Eventually the number was traced and a friend knew who it was-- his coworker...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)