Friday, May 13, 2011

Skills

Reading, Writing, and Arithmatic... Thats what they say in school, although I may not be the greatest or have the greatest need for the last part. However, I am already using the skills that I learned during my four years in college.

Graduation was one week ago, tomorrow, May 7, 2011. I began my internship at Heifer International's Headquarters in Little Rock, Ark. on Monday, May 9, 2011. The first day I spent in orientation sessions, and when I was not in those, I worked on writing scripts for a video series our team is making from stories from the field.

The second day was better, as was the third. The fourth, Thursday, was probably the best because it was busy. But my responsibilities this far have been editing stories, posting them to the web, writing those scripts, and other tasks. I may have the opportunity to help with multimedia projects as well. I have already used photoshop to resize images for the web and add background color to graphics.

Although it is Internal Communications, I am using the skills I learned at ASU. Although it is Internal Communications, I feel like I am making some kind of difference.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have this, that way I can keep up with what you're up to. you're a much better blogger than i. now that school is over though, are you going to change the title? or will you keep it, since your posts from now on will still be some-what school related (life after, finding a job & that type of stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally changed it to "Unknown," because until I go to Spain, I really don't know what to call it, plus it just kind of fit after I wrote the description of life being unknown after college :). Since I started blogging again in 2009, I've tried to keep up with it. Sometimes I'm not the best, then I try to make up for it in other months. This month is one of those make-up months :P.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)