Monday, May 23, 2011

Returning Home

I had a great weekend. I went to Jonesboro and spent it with my girlfriend. I got to see her and some other friends while I was there. Friday night I was exhausted and went to bed fairly early (11 p.m. or so). The next morning my body kept telling me to get up at 7 a.m., but I ignored it. Saturday afternoon Asuka and I went to the mall to shop for her a new phone. We ran into Johannes. Later, Asuka and I cooked. The two of us and three other friends had dinner together, had some drinks and sang some karaoke.

Sunday, Asuka and I went to lunch at a Mexican restaraunt then to the park for a little bit. Then it was time for me to leave. It was not any easier this time than it was the first time. I feel for my friends who have to leave girlfriends in another country. Asuka and I are only three hours apart, for now. I hate not being able to see her more than two weekends each month. Yet that is a lot. It is hard to leave.

On the drive home I was thinking and praying. Then a thought came to my mind. When we aren't seeking God--when we are going a different direction, away from him--it is like my situation. If it huts me so much when she and I are having to part ways for a few weeks, can you imagine what it is like when we turn our backs for just an hour from God? The same God that created us in his own image to worship and praise him. The same God that loved us so much he sent his son to die on the cross for us. I am sure the pain is far worse than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)