Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Travels

It has been quite a while since I last blogged. Most of my topics were Christmas secrets which I couldn't put out here on the web until today.

Friday, December 23 began my long travel home. I got up at 11:30 Friday morning, caught a bus to Madrid at 10:15 Friday evening. I probably got 30 minutes of broken-up sleep on the ride to the airport. We arrived to Barajas at 6 a.m. and then I had to wait two hours for the ticket counter to open. The flight boarded an hour after its scheduled departure time. It didn't bother me too much as the airline automatically rescheduled my flight to Memphis from Atlanta which allowed me more time to make the connection.

On the flight over I didn't sleep. In the last three hours I began talking with the others in my row. One was from Mexico but had lived in Spain for several years. The other was an Auxiliar in Madrid. We ended up talking for the remainder of the flight, mostly in Spanish, and a little English. A guy in the next row kept staring at us.

I arrived to Arkansas around 11 p.m. We opened presents around 12:30 a.m. so that I could sleep a little longer the next morning before the big surprise.
I would say that it went well. On Tuesday I tried to surprise my dad for his birthday but he was suspicious and it didn't work out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)