Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Calling

 I knew today would be a rough day going in to work this morning. As I said in the previous blog, I am not sure whether I am cut out to be a journalist or not. I'm not smart enough to do all of this technical writing. I'm often vague because I do not fully understand something myself and do not want to convey something that is not accurate.

I got to work this morning and the editor called me in. I expected it. He had told me yesterday we would talk about the story in the morning. I knew at that point it wasn't good. I felt it was a good story for what I knew. Part of the problem ended up being some vague areas. Others he just wanted examples. Either way it is a little discouraging because I do not feel like I am improving.

I am alright covering a meeting or event where there is nothing technical. But technology and things of that nature just aren't my thing. That is one thing I have learned this summer. And again, I do not know where God is calling me. After leaving his office I desperately just wanted some comfort in God's word; I wanted to be alone with him. Of course that isn't an option. We are in an open office space. And we are in a city. But at lunch break I went outside to the park behind the office.

I had lunch and looked up bible 911 on mobile internet. That is a list of different verses for different situations. I scrolled down, looking for discouraged and then found, "When work has you discouraged..........Psalm 126," so I went to biblegateway.com and looked it up.

Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him. ~Psalm 126:5
That helped me a lot. I got out of it that I should persevere. God will use it. God will bless the effort. Then tonight I read the following chapter.
Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep. ~ Psalm 127:1-2

I'm not even going to try and comment. All I have to say is God is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)