Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Doctor Visit

Trying to find time to do anything in the working world is difficult. I work from 8-5 each day Monday through Friday. That is the same hours as most government offices and many businesses. There are a lot of things I have to get done on lunch break and still need to get done.

I need to get a new social security card. I need to get hold of the Spanish Consulate in Houston; that will take a miracle. I need to get some documents approved by the government. And after Saturday I really needed to get to a doctor after swimming.

I have had a problem with stopped up ears after swimming for the past four years. If I swim, I can expect to have water in my ear for a day or two after. I finally called the doctor in hopes I could give my supervisor a little notice. I gave her five hours notice. Luckily it fell in a week where I needed to take a long lunch break anyway.

I took off about 1:15 p.m. and made the 30-minute drive to Jacksonville Medical Clinic. I arrive about 1:30 and see the doctor about 1:50. I am done by about 2. The doctor took a look at my ear and said there was a little bit of ear wax built up in the back. He washed it out (ouch!) and I could finally hear again. I heard so well out my left ear it made me feel like my right ear was stopped up. But the piece of was looked far from small to me. It looked more like a rock. But I averaged the price out and it came to almost $20/minute. Five minutes equaled $90, but at least I can hear. Next time I will try the process on my own.

But it was just in time too. I made it back to the office after stopping by the drive-thru of McDonalds and grabbing a bite to eat on the way. I made it back in perfect timing to complete my 40 hours this week. We had to work late today because we had interviews from 5:30-6 p.m. I was very glad to be able to hear out my left ear. Hearing was difficult enough as it was because of the music playing there at the Peabody Hotel. On top of that it was in a foreign language; I interviewed the country director of Heifer Honduras in Spanish.

It is nice to hear again. It is something very important in the communications field. Now if I can work on communicating better in Spanish I will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)