Friday, June 3, 2011

Water

As most probably know, there are a lot of problems with too much water in the Midwest and South right now in the United States. A lot of flash flooding in late April and early May has meant breached levees and wide-open spillways trying to save larger towns. As I drive between Little Rock and Jonesboro, I can still see the white river, far out of its banks.

I had a recent dream about water. But it wasn't the flooding. It was a nice spring day. It was one of those days only seen a week or two out of every year in Arkansas. The temperature was perfect, the sky was blue with scattered white clouds. I was out riding my bike.

I do not know where I was exactly. The setting was a lot like a park in Jonesboro, but that wasn't it. The paved road was much closer to the water than that. Wherever it was, there was a small lake where pedestrians, cyclists and motorists could travel around the lake, not a hundred feet from the shore. It wasn't flooded. In fact, it was just the opposite.

There were a few puddles in the road. It had evidently rained recently. But as I road my bike around the lake, I looked out over a lot of mud. The lake wasn't nearly as big as it should be. I realized that the water was far below its normal levels. There was some water but it was quickly drying up. Soon there would be no water at all.

So what does this dream mean? I don't really know. Many places in the world do not have access to clean water. Some places in the world have more water than others, even in the United States. Even in the United States there is a redistribution of water. So what did the dream mean? Who knows. Maybe I will look into the water issue a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)