Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lost Generation

 ***Update: I noticed that blogger was breaking lines up so I have added / marks at the ends of lines. If there is not one at the end of the word, it is not actually a new line***

As I was surfing blogs I found the following post on another blog and wanted to share it.
1. Please read this poem, and be careful to read it one line at a time.

Lost Generation
'Happiness comes from within'/
is a lie, and/
'Money will make me happy'/
So in thirty years I will tell my children/
they are not the most important thing in my life./
My employer will know that/
I have my priorities straight because/
work/
is more important than/
family/
I tell you this/
Once upon a time/
Families stayed together/
but this will not be true in my era/
this is a quick fix society/
Experts tell me/
Thirty years from now I will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my divorce/
I do not concede that/
I will live in a country of my own making/
In the future/
Environmental destruction will be the norm/
No longer can it be said that/
My peers and I care about this earth/
It will be evident that/
My generation is apathetic and lethargic/
It is foolish to presume that/
There is hope./

And all of this will come true unless we choose to reverse it.

2. Now read each line, starting from the last line to the first line (reverse it).

Feel free to comment and/or share.

1 comment:

  1. Wowwww.
    Tengo unas personas que quiero que entienden esas cosas, pero es q no entienden tu crees lol
    bueno bueno ya vente a verme.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)