Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fingerprints

Today was a crazy day. Among having a busy day at work (which is a good thing), I visited two government offices today and took care of some business for Spain. Monday night I did all of my forms for the FBI background check (for the second time). I made phone calls and was not lucky enough to be able to send the copy I made from the last time I had my fingerprints taken. So I searched the internet for places in Little Rock.

Normally, I hate automated systems. But I was finding when I actually wanted them (after office hours), they were nowhere to be found. I called the Little Rock Police Department and the Little Rock field office for the FBI. Then I realized the Arkansas State Police most likely would offer the service based on information I found on their website. So I called. They actually had an automated system that told me their hours and how to get there. I wrote the directions down and left extra early for work. The plan was get to the door before it was unlocked (at 7:30 a.m.), go through the process, and get to work. I expected to be a little bit late for work.

I got there at 7:20 and waited at the door with police officers from all over the state. When the door was unlocked I went in and to the window. The person at the window filled out a card with the FBI information; They did not use the paper sheet that I had printed out from the FBI website. I filled it out and they called me back. The whole process took 15 minutes and I made it to work early, even with 10 minute drive ahead of me. Not only were they timely, the entire thing was FREE!

At work I was busy from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. I took my lunch at 3:30 and went to the post office to get the papers mailed. I waited in line for 10 minutes. When I finally got to the counter and told them what I needed, they told me I had to go get it off the shelf. Normally they have the necessary items behind the counter. Not here. So I went and got two mailing boxes, although they aren't what I really needed. I filled them out and waited another 10 minutes in line.

The staff was not nearly as friendly or helpful as those at the state police headquarters. Even the second time at the counter I feared they would come up with something else to take more time. It took me about half an hour total in the post office.

But the good news is I finally got the paperwork filled out and sent off and I am hopefully on track for Spain again. I hope doctor's notes don't expire; I need to get it notarized and apostiled ASAP just in case. I am still working hard, trying to get to Spain, but I still wonder if I will get to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)