Friday, October 28, 2011

Sevilla Airport


After work today I rode with a few colleagues to Sevilla. I have to say, the city is just as great as I remember. I even saw a few of the same places as when I came in 2006. Unfortunately, this is my first time in the Seville Airport so in order to make sure I did not miss my flight, I arrived early. Much earlier than necessary apparently. I got to the airport about 6:15 p.m. The gate closes at 8:45 p.m. Getting my passport checked and through security went by rapidly, which is great. But now I am stuck in the airport for another hour and a half with nothing to do.

I am flying to London via RyanAir. They have some weird polices such as having to print your own ticket before you arrive. As if the ticket is not expensive enough, if you fail to bring your boarding pass already printed, they will charge you another 40 euros. You are also only allowed one carry-on back. On every other airline I have flown with, a person is allowed one carry-on and one personal item. Not with Ryan Air. To be safe I managed to consolidate my suitcase into one backpack. After I change hotels I will probably wash a few clothes in the bathtub (as I did when I first arrived in Spain), and hang them in the closet to dry.

Unfortunately there is no free internet in the airport at Sevilla (not that I expected there to be). So I am writing this blog by using a word processor. Luckily, blogger allows me to edit the timestamp on posts. At least in the future I will know that I can spend a little more time walking around Sevilla. 

--- 1:30 a.m. in London UPDATE---

The plane left 30 minutes late and we arrived 30 minutes late to Stansted airport. It took about 20 minutes to get through customs/border patrol. They don't seem to like visitors too much. At the airport almost everyone was speaking Spanish and when we got on the airplane there was almost no Spanish. It feels a little strange to be speaking English and I am just waiting to blurt something out in Spanish by accident--that isn't such a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)