Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Eight Hours

Wow! The time is finally here. Three emotions are about maxed out right now: fear, nervousness and excitement. I have flown or traveled to a destination alone before, but I have never gone there alone and not known anyone like I will be this time. I have a friend in Madrid. I know people from the destination but not who live there. So that is where the nervousness comes in, a new job and a new location. That can be scary too.

I am sure I will be blogging next week about several other topics such as phone shopping in a foreign language, looking for an apartment, looking for a roommate and possibly banking. I will have about nine days to figure things out before starting the assistantship.

The adventure begins in about eight hours. I fly from Little Rock at 7:25 a.m. to Charlotte, NC. I arrive there around 10:30 a.m. I fly from there to Madrid at 4:30 and arrive around 6:40 a.m. on Thursday morning. After a 17 hour layover in Madrid I will take an eight hour bus ride to Huelva to arrive about 7:30 a.m. on Friday morning. I am not sure what my internet connectivity will be during the coming weeks or even year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)