Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Packing Begins

The only thing worse than packing is unpacking, shortly followed by folding laundry. The time for all of these tasks is upon me. I received all of my papers from Houston on Thursday. That night I promptly finished my airline research and found a ticket for about $650. And, if the airline hires its pilots all to the same standard, it should be a safe flight. I still remember when one of their pilots, Sullenberger, crash landed one of the U.S. Airways planes into the Hudson River in New York City. Everyone survived.

After I got home from work on Friday I began washing laundry so that I could begin packing. I did that today. Before packing a suitcase an idea of what should fit and how is in my mind. But why? It never works out that way. I still have a long way to go packing but hope to be able to get most of what I need packed. I will only carry one large suitcase, a small carry-on suitcase and a computer case. Hopefully that will minimize some of the stress once I arrive.

I have researched transportation when I get there. Wednesday morning my flight leaves Little Rock at 7:25 a.m. I arrive in Madrid at 6:40 a.m. on Thursday. There are only two busses from the airport to Huelva and they leave late in the evening. I decided I will probably spend the next 17 hours at the airport, catch the midnight bus and sleep on the eight-hour trip to Huelva. I didn’t want to arrive at 11 p.m. or 5:30 a.m. I am sure this will all change when I get there too.

But the latest update: The real adventure begins Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about the topic or post!!! :)